With a startling combination of high strength, high modulus (stiffness), toughness and thermal stability aramid is (almost) a dream come true for fiber lovers!So aramid rope usually be used under the high temperature work environment.
● High Cut resistance makes it great for protective clothing.
● High Chemical Resistance but is very sensitive to Chlorine
● Kevlar® has high tensile strength 2920 MPa
● Low Thermal Shrinkage and it does not become brittle at very low temperatures.
● Has a specific gravity of 1.44
● Subject to UV degradation
● Will absorb moisture
● Excellent Dimensional Stability
● Elongation at break is Low 1.5-4.5%
● No Electrical Conductivity
● High Toughness (Work-To-Break)